This page will give public notice regarding any cases of COVID-19 associated with Washtenaw Christian Academy.
- 0 new cases since October 6, 2020
- 0 cumulative cases since reporting began
- 0 cases by build/level, as appropriate
We will update this page within 24 hours after the Washtenaw County Health Department notifies us of a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case. The numbers above include probable and confirmed cases among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participated in a school-sponsored function while he or she was infectious. Please note case reports are preliminary and may change.
This page is required by an Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS): Reporting of Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19 at Schools on October 6, 2020.
WCA Response Actions
As a precaution, we are disinfecting appropriate areas of the school. We sanitize classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with disinfectant spray.
Actions You Can Take
The health department recommends the following actions to help limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose whenever you are in any public place.
- Wear a mask, and ask your guests to wear one, whenever someone visits your home, but avoid visits to private homes whenever possible.
- Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from other people.
- Wash your hands frequently using soap for 20 seconds. If washing isn't possible, use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol or more.
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow. Then immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and get tested as soon as possible.
- Answer the phone or call back promptly if the health department contacts you. A contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
These are recommended actions even if you don't have COVID-19 symptoms.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. If you were or might have been in close contact with a person who tested positive, you will be notified by the Washtenaw County Health Department or by WCA school officials.
Medical privacy laws prohibit us from releasing the names of the people who have COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your help, we can maintain the safest learning environment possible.
If you have additional any questions, visit the Washtenaw County Health Department’s COVID-19 webpages at www.washtenaw.org/covid19.
You may also contact the health department at 734-544-6700. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.