Washtenaw Christian Academy is seeking an Upper Elementary teacher who excels at delivering high-quality instruction to Lower School students. This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will have a love for God, a love for children, and a desire to train students to love learning and to think critically. Education that includes a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education with a state teaching certificate is preferred. Christian commitment is a must.
Candidate should demonstrate the ability to develop and implement effective lesson plans, ability to manage a classroom with grace, and relate well to students, colleagues, and parents.
Upper School Math Teacher
Washtenaw Christian Academy is seeking an Upper School Mathematics teacher with strong curriculum knowledge and the ability to differentiate instruction for all learners. The ideal candidate will have a love for God, a love for students, and a desire to train students to love learning and to think critically. This is a part time opening that is available for the current 18/19 school year and beyond. Christian commitment is a must.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with 6-12 DI or DX and EX Certificate
- Understanding of state and national Mathematics standards
- Ability to develop and implement effective lesson plans
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and exemplary attendance record
- Demonstrates effective organizational and communication skills
WCA is seeking a part-time Drama teacher to teach one class on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings during the second semester. The director will oversee all aspects of producing a full length play. Responsibilities will include: holding auditions, scheduling practices, overseeing set and costume design, and working with supporting volunteers. Interested individuals should fill out the online application. For more information please email Alicia Ceccarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may also forward a cover letter and resume with list of references to: WCA, Attn: Alicia Ceccarelli, 7200 Moon Rd., Saline MI, 48176. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
WCA is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Lead Receptionist. This is a full time position in during the school year and part time during 8 weeks of the summer. The person who fills this position is the main point of contact for parents, students and faculty who visit the main office. As such, the ideal candidate would have a cheerful spirit, be patient, and seek to encourage a positive atmosphere. We are seeking candidates who possess the ability to multi-task, give attention to detail, learn quickly, and be self motivated. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Google Docs is expected. This position reports to the Office Manager. If you have any questions about the position please email Alicia Ceccarelli at email@example.com.
Head Coach Opportunities
Washtenaw Christian Academy is seeking a Head Coach for the following sports: Varsity Boys Soccer & Middle School Volleyball.. The Head Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
This is a seasonal position. The ideal candidate will have a love for God, a love for children and a desire to develop children spiritually and physically through athletics. Candidate must understand rules and regulations of the game and must be able to develop and execute practice and game plans. A Christian commitment is a must.
Preschool Director / Teacher
Washtenaw Christian Academy is seeking an experienced Preschool Director/Teacher with a demonstrated track record and passion for early childhood education. The Preschool Director will manage the early childhood program of approximately 30+ children in four age-based classes. The Director may also teach in one of the classes half of each day during the school year.
The Preschool Director must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 18 credits in ECE, Child Development or Child related field with at least 3 years of teaching experience in a child care setting and 1 year of Director Experience from a licensed Child Care facility
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all state licensing requirements, including:
- Meet background check requirements including fingerprinting, evidence of being free from communicable tuberculosis
- Have at least 2 semester hours in Child Care Administration from an accredited college or university, or a minimum of 3.0 CEUs in Child Care Administration
- Have current certification in infant, child and adult CPR and first aid
- Previous experience leading in a faith-based center a plus but willing to learn and grow with us
- Well organized, time efficient, takes initiative, great customer service and effective in building a center and team
- Ability to lift in excess of twenty (20) lbs.
- Work alongside our marketing department
- Support development and a publicity strategy for promoting the preschool
- Excellent writing, organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge and skills with Microsoft software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to teach one of the preschool classes
The Director should be able to develop positive relationships and must communicate effectively with parents, children, school, and preschool staff as well as with external governmental and regulatory services. Applicant should be able to lead enrollment of families, tours and orientations and will also manage recruiting/staffing, employee performance management, and record keeping. Applicants should have the ability to work with a team of professional teachers and provide Christian leadership.
To apply, please complete WCA's online Teacher Application.
INTERESTED IN TEACHING AT WCA?
Please complete WCA's online teacher application, and we will consider you for any appropriate opportunities that may arise. Education must include a Bachelor’s in education; State teaching certifications are beneficial but not necessarily required. Christian commitment and the willingness to support our Statement of Faith is a must.
Washtenaw Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian school from preschool through 12th grade. Please check out our website for additional information about our school, its purpose and mission.
Review of applcations will begin immediately for all open positions and will continue until each position is filled.
Substitute Teachers - Complete Online Teacher Application
If you are interested in becoming a WCA substitute teacher, please complete WCA's online teacher application. If you have any questions, please call 734-429-7733.